SKILL INDIA PROGRAM
Skill India is an initiative taken by the GOI in 2015 to train over 40 crore Indian youth in different industry-related jobs.
The Aim is to create a skilled workforce by 2022 with the help of various schemes and training courses which are technical or non-technical in nature. The vision is to create opportunities for the development of the talent within the country which would not only improve their livelihood but overall scope of the economy.
MISSION OF SKILL INDIA PROGRAMME
- To create opportunities and scope for talent development for the Indian youth by offering them specific skillsets;
- To boost the sectors that are already part of the skill development module basis the earlier skill development scheme;
- To Identify the new areas for training and skill development
SCHEMES AND INITIATIVES OF SKILL INDIA
The Skill India has launched the following schemes and initiatives:
This scheme focusses on district-level skilling ecosystem through convergence and coordination performed under Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship. This scheme is centrally sponsored and in collaboration with the World Bank.
Under this scheme ambitious and progressive youth of Jammu and Kashmir who are seeking global and local opportunities are helped. It aims to make 40,000 youth of J&K over a 5 year of span in major growth sectors.
NATIONAL APPRENTICESHIP PROMOTION SCHEME
This is a new scheme of the Government of India that aids to promote India apprenticeship training and help increase in the engagement of it from present 2.3 lakhs to 50 lakhs by 2020. Under this 25% of prescribed stipend subject to a maximum of Rs 1,500/- per month is provided to all the employees.
PRADHAN MANTRI KAUSHAL VIKAS YOJANA
It is India’s largest skill-based certification scheme with the aim to enable and mobilize a large number of youth to acquire relevant skill set to be market ready, to earn their livelihood. It is being carried out through the National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC).
NATIONAL SKILL DEVELOPMENT MISSION
It aims to consolidate skills initiatives across the country with standardized procedures and outcomes, driven by Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship (MSDE).
SEEKHO AUR KAMAO
This aims at enhancing the skills of minority youth in various skills depending upon their qualification, market trends and potential and interest, which can earn them good money and improves standard of life.
It is to motivate the youth if India to acquire vocational skillsets which help upgrade them to higher level.
OTHER SKILL DEVELOPMENT INITIATIVES ARE:
- Polytechnic schemes;
- Vocationalization of education;
- National Policy for Skill Development and Entrepreneurship, 2015;
- Skill development for minorities;
- Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Grameen Kaushalya Yojana, 2014;
- Ministry-wise skill development schemes;
- Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Kendra;
- Scheme for Higher Education Youth in Apprenticeship and Skills;
- Green Skill Development Programme;
- Financial Assistance for Skill Training of Persons with Disabilities;
- Craftsmen Training Scheme;
- Apprenticeship training (South Central Railway);
- National Qualifications Register.
SKILL INDIA COURSE LIST
- Entrepreneurship Development Programmes including Women EDP, CRR Scheme for CPSUs, and others.
- Entrepreneurship cum Skill Development Programmes (ESDPs) and Training of Trainers Programmes including Bakery Products, AC, Refrigerator and Water Cooler Repair, CAD/CAM, Catering, Computer Accounting with Tally, Cyber Café, Glass Cutting and Polishing, Heat Treatment, Gaming With Flash, Lens Grinding, Microprocessor Application and Programming, Machining and Microsoft C, amongst others.
- Training of Trainers including in ESDP in Fashion Designing, Technology Infusion cum Skill Development Programme, and others.
- Management Development Programmes includes Advanced Skills for Effective Executive Secretaries and Change Management, Business Development Plan for Micro and Small Enterprises, Contemporary Human Resource Management Practices, Extension Motivation Programme for Executives, Competency Building for Improved Performance, Cost Effectiveness in Economic Downturn, Delayed Payments to MSEs, Executive Development Programme on Achievement Motivation Training, and others.
- Other Skill India courses include Financing and Management of CFCs, Orientation Programme for Officials of Industries and Commerce Department, Promotion of Micro-Enterprises, Risk Management for SHGs, Orientation Programme for Officials of Industries and Commerce Department, as well as others.
TRAINING CENTRES OF THE SKILL INDIA PROGRAMME
The programme has an inclusive Training Partner (TP) network which comprises over 450 affiliates, 38 industry-led Sector Skill Councils (SSCs), and a range of enabling systems and initiatives. NSDC singlehandedly supports profitable vocational training institutions across the country to enhance the programs to great heights.
If you are interested to undergo skill development training, you will have to apply to from official website of Skill India or click (https://skillindia.gov.in/)
EDITED BY SWATI JHA
Want to get your business journey featured on CLIQTAX ? Send an email to us at email@example.com