PM – KISAN SAMMAN NIDHI
PM Narendra Modi has started several schemes for the benefit of crores of farmers across the length and breadth of the country.
The Pradhan Mantri Kisan Nidhi Yojana is one of the central schemes in this line launched by the government of India through the support of the Prime Minister.
The Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi is a scheme of the central government which is funded entirely by the government of India and was started on December 1, 2018 by Prime Minister Narendra Modi. The scheme promises an income support of Rs. 6000 every year to farmers across the country, which is paid in in three instalments, every 4 months of Rs. 2,000.
In the last two months, the central government has sent Rs 18,700 crore to the bank accounts of the beneficiaries of PM Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana.
The goal of the PM-KISAN scheme is to augment the financial needs of the SMFs and procurement of different inputs to ensure good crop quality and adequate yields, in accordance with the planned farm production at the end of each crop cycle.
Key Points about the Scheme:
- The scheme defines the farmer’s family as husband wife and minor children.
- The funds are directly transferred to the farmers’ bank accounts.
- Those farmers who have received grants under the exclusion criteria of the operational guidelines are not part of the beneficiaries of the PM Kisan Yojana.
- In order to enrol himself for benefiting from the scheme the farmer needs to approach the nodal officer or the local patwari or the revenue officer who is appointed by the state government.
- Even the Common Service Centres (or CSCs) are eligible to register the farmer if the fee is paid by the latter for the scheme.
- There is a Farmers’ Corner in the portal through which farmers can register themselves online.
- The farmer can modify their names in the database of the PM Kisan as per their Aadhar card or Aadhar database through the Farmers’ Corner which is found in the portal.
- The Farmers’ Corner also flashes the payment status of the farmer for the latter’s convenience and information access.
Those not Eligible for the Scheme according to the Operational Guidelines (Exclusion Categories):
The following categories of farmers especially those belonging to the creamy layers are not eligible for registering under the PM Kisan scheme.
Precisely speaking they are as follows:
- Institutional land holders;
- Those who might be on constitutional posts;
- Members of the Parliament, State Legislative Assemblies, Mayors of Municipal Corporations, Chairpersons of District Panchayats, be it former or present members.
- Officers (presently serving or retired) of the Central or State Government Ministries or Departments or Offices and any attached offices; as well as the employees of local bodies except Group D employees and Class IV employees, or the multi-tasking staff.
- Any retired pensioners or super-annuated pensioners who get more than Rs. 10000 as monthly pension.
- Those who have paid the Income Tax in the previous assessment year.
- Professionals like engineers, chartered accountants, doctors, lawyers, and architects registered with professional officers and who have undertaken practice.
Documents Required for Registering under the Scheme:
The Pradhan Mantri Kisan Yojana registration requires the following documents:
- Aadhaar Card/Aadhaar Number; and
- Bank account details (because the instalments are sent through DBT) and the bank account should be linked to the Aadhaar.
Procedure to be Followed to Check Whether the Farmer's Name Has Been Registered:
- The farmer needs to first access the website www.pmkisan.gov.in
- On the homepage, in the menu bar, the Farmers’ Corner will flash.
- One needs to access the beneficiaries list.
- One needs to then fill up the details of their state, district, sub-district, block and village.
- Following this, they can click on Get Report and see if their name is on the list of beneficiaries or not.
Notable Updates on the Operation of the Scheme:
- One needs to go to the website www.pmkisan.gov.in and check the list of beneficiaries.
- If they want to register as one of the beneficiaries the government has made provision to register online.
- If the registration has been hindered due to a missing document, this document can be uploaded online as well.
- Whoever is a farmer in the country can avail the benefit of the scheme by associating their names with it.
How it Works:
The farmer needs to access the Farmers’ Corner on the website www.pmkisan.gov.in and login.
In the tab, will be seen the guidelines to the farmer as to how to register themselves for the scheme and if the Aadhar has not been uploaded or due to some reason or the Aadhaar number has been wrongly registered, the farmer can get information on that aspect as well.
The farmers who are going to get the remuneration from the government under the scheme can also find their names registered with the state/district/tahsil or village.
The government has uploaded the entire list of farmers. The farmers can also check their payment status through their Aadhar Number, Bank Account Number or Mobile Number.
The farmers can keep themselves updated through regular pop up notifications if they can download the PM Kisan Mobile App from the Play Store, the link to which has been given below: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.nic.project.pmkisan&hl=en_IN
Registration 2020 Now Open!
The registration for the scheme for 2020 has started and the new list will be released soon according to the news reported on May 18, 2020. Therefore, the farmers have another chance to register themselves before the new list is released. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic and the lockdown all over the country, the state departments, the local patwari and offices of villages tahsildars have not been able to avail the PM Kisan services through their local offices.
Therefore, the government has made provision to register online. Anyone can check the list and also make an appeal by registering themselves to join the scheme. It has been reported that it the new list will be updated by the end of May, 2020.
Edited by Shraddha Jha
Want to get your business journey featured on CLIQTAX ? Send an email to us at firstname.lastname@example.org