MAHARASHTRA MAY EXTEND LOCK DOWN DUE TO RAPID INCREASE IN CASES
Cases in Maharashtra have reached to around 10,000 with 583 fresh cases in last 24 hours. The number of deaths has risen to 459 .
MAHARASHTRA MAY EXTEND LOCKDOWN DUE TO RAPID CASES INCREASE
- Maharashtra a state that confines in itself the city Mumbai which is being referred to as dream city for crores of people allover the India
- COVID-19 cases in Maharashtra are increasing day by day on a very fast space
- Cases in Maharashtra have reached to around 10,000 with 583 fresh cases in last 24 hours
- The number of deaths has risen to 459 as 27 demised in the last 24 hours
- The major cases rising are in Mumbai and Pune . thereby the lockdown is likely to extend here till 18th May
- 25 new fresh cases are being reported in Dharavi , Asia’s biggest slum area making the total cases in the slum area to 369
- According to the Health Ministry Maharashtra has one of highest number of red zones in the country
- After May 3, government may lift lockdown partially and that only in the green and the orange zones
SPECIAL TRAIN FOR MIGRANT WORKERS TO START FROM TODAY
- Amidst the scenario since the lockdown has been implemented by the government main problem is being faced by the people belonging to the labour classes, people living in the slums and people working in the houses to earn living for their families. The main challenge is in these lockdown days is for the labourers or migrants that have been working in the other cities to earn livelihoods and are daily wage earners.
- Due to lockdown all the construction sites have been closed by the government due to which the daily wage earning labourers do not have money to buy food .They are surviving at the food and essential items being provided by the government through the various initiatives taken by the government . Inspite of so much of initiatives been taken by the government , still many poor people are dying due to hunger.
- Therefore many migrants contacted their respective state governments through video to make arrangements for them so that they can return to their home as the survival in the city for them is getting difficult day by day.
- Taking into consideration the plea of the migrant workers and labourers, Telangana government had requested the Indian Railways to arrange special train for the labourers This train has been started today and nearly 1200 migrant workers have reached Jharkhand today from Hyderabad.
FALL OF THE LPG CYLINDER PRICE BY RS 160
- Since the lockdown has taken effect in the country in the month of March , since then the price of LPG Cylinders have been declining
- As per the latest news , the rates of LPG cylinders have been reduced and the same has taken effect from today . Current effective rate in various cities are:
New Delhi priced has reduced from Rs 744 to 581.50
Mumbai price has reduced from Rs 714.50 to 579
Kolkata price rate has been cut by Rs 190 and it is now Rs 584.50
Chennai the price will remain Rs 569.50
- Price of the LPG Cylinders have also been risen by a paisa or rupee since the last 4-5 months, but due to the current lockdown and amidst the downfall in the global economy the price have now fallen
- Since the beginning of the lockdown , panic has been created by the people for buying of the LPG Cylinders considering that there might be shortage of LPG in the coming future because of the lockdown . However retailers have always been emphasizing that there is no shortage of LPG in the country.
- Reason for this Indian Oil Corporation Ltd has reported that it has seen a raise of 20 % in their sales in the month of April
- As per the government policies , every household is entitled to 12 cylinders of 14.2 kg each at subsidized rates in a year and the subsidy that has been received by them against this is directly transferred into their bank accounts.
- In view of the lockdown, our Prime Minister Narendra Modi has started a new scheme in the name of Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Yojana according to which 3 LPG Cylinders will be provided free to 8 crore of beneficiaries who are registered under Pradhan Mantri Ujjawala Yojana . This free facility of provision of cylinders shall be available from the month of April , 2020 to June 2020.
EDITED BY KANIKA GUPTA
Want to get your business journey featured on CLIQTAX ? Send an email to us at email@example.com