INSTANT PAN CARD THROUGH AADHAAR CARD VERIFICATION
An instant e-PAN i.e. Electronic PAN is issued without any cost. It is one of the steps making India go digital.
Finance Minister of India, Mrs. Nirmala Sitharaman, on 28th May, 2020, officially launched the facility where one can get the PAN card instantly in 10 mins by just using Aadhaar as e-KYC.
This facility is only for those who have the valid Aadhaar number and their mobile number is registered in the UIDAI database as per the guidelines. The government has earlier announced regarding the same in the union budget. This instant allotment of PAN card process is paperless. An instant e-PAN i.e. Electronic PAN is issued without any cost. It is one of the steps making India go digital.
At the time of announcing the Union Budget, the Finance Minister had announced that the facility of e-PAN through Aadhaar on a real time basis will be launched shortly.
The Finance Minister in her budget speech had said:
“In the last Budget, I had introduced the interchangeability of PAN and Aadhaar for which necessary rules were already notified. In order to further smoothenthe process of allotment of PAN, soon we will launch a system under which PAN shall be instantly allotted online on the basis of Aadhaar without any additional requirement for filling up of detailed application form.”
Though the facility has been launched recently but the government were using the ‘beta version’ of the instant e-PAN through Aadhaar as e-KYC since, 12th February, 2020. The beta version of e-PAN was a trial version as used by the government.
As per the source the Income Tax Department has issued 6,77,680 instant e-PAN from 12th February, 2020 till 25th May, 2020. It has been allotted within a turnaround time of about 10 minutes.
Process to apply for the instant e-PAN
The process of e-PAN is very simple and one can understand the same just by going through the following steps:
- Visit the Income Tax Department official website. Select the option instant PAN through Aadhaar given at the left side of the home page of the department.
- Thereafter a page will appear and one has to select the ‘Get New PAN’ option.
- A page will appear where the applicant has to enter their Aadhaar number and a captcha, then click on ‘Generate Aadhaar OTP’.
- After receiving the OTP on the registered mobile number, the applicant has to provide the OTP and has to submit the same.
- After completing the above process, the applicant will receive a 15-digit acknowledgment number as generated.
- Finally after the receiving the acknowledgement number, the applicant can download the e-PAN from the website itself. The applicant will also receive the e-PAN on their registered email id, if registered with Aadhaar.
As per the Income Tax Department, a total number of 50.52 crore PANs have been issued to the taxpayers. Out of 50.52 crore total issued PAN, about 49.39 crore have been issued to individuals and so far, a little more than 32.17 crore have been linked to Aadhaar.
The government has made it mandatory to link the PAN with Aadhaar and the deadline for the same is 30th June, 2020.
Edited by Minu Mishra
Want to get your business journey featured on CLIQTAX ? Send an email to us at firstname.lastname@example.org