IGNOU POSTPONES JUNE TERM-END EXAM 2020
The Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) has postponed the June term-end exam (TEE) 2020 for an indefinite period.
The IGNOU June TEE 2020 exam was supposed to begin from June 1. On 04th May, 2020, it was announced via press release that the decision to postpone the exam was due the current lockdown situation caused due to coronavirus pandemic.
Announcement for the Students
The vice-chancellor of the Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU), Professor Nageshwar Rao conducted a Facebook live session on 05th May, 2020. Through the session, he addressed the students informing them that the IGNOU June TEE 2020 exam has been postponed and the new date for the same will be announced later. The revised date will be informed to the students 15 days in advance before the commencement of the examination.
Professor Rao also said that the university understands the difficulties which are being faced by the students in the midst of this pandemic situation. Therefore , keeping in view the same it has facilitated the online submission of the projects and assignments. This online submission will prevent the students from the ill effects of covid-19 as well as it will not further delay in their academic session. The guideline for the online submission of the projects and the assignments will be issued separately.
In order to submit the June TEE 2020 projects and assignments, the students are required to scan their assignments and send the same to the registered email address of their respective regional IGNOU centres.
The IGNOU is also holding online classes by using video-conferencing platforms, Self Learning Material in printed and digital forms, multimedia material and online certificate courses to students.
It is being done through SWAYAM portal of MHRD.
Key points of the announcement:
- The IGNOU June TEE 2020 exam has been postponed for an indefinite period.
- The revised date will be announced to the students 15 days prior to the commencement of the examination.
- The decision to postpone the said exam was done due the current scenario of the lockdown the country is facing due to the Coronavirus pandemic.
- The new date of the exam will be announced after considering the situation of the country.
- The university has already extended the date of submission of assignments, exam form submission, and re-admission upto 31st May, 2020.
- The student can submit their project online.
Note: The University has earlier extended the last date for project submission upto 30th April, 2020
Revised Dates to submit the Exam Forms, Assignments and Re-admission
The following is the revised dates for submission of assignments, submission of exam form, and re-admission:-
- Date of Submission of Examination Forms (June 2020 Term End Exam)- upto 31st May, 2020 (upto 15th May 2020 without Late Fees).
- Date of submission of Assignment (June 2020 Term End Exam) - upto 31st May, 2020
- Date of Re-admission- upto 31st May, 2020
It can be concluded that this postponement will give ample amount of time to both the students and university to deal there problems in this current pandemic situation of Covid-19.
For Further information, the students can visit the IGNOU'S website- www.ignou.ac.in
Edited by Minu Mishra
Want to get your business journey featured on CLIQTAX ? Send an email to us at email@example.com