GST REGISTRATION THROUGH AADHAAR AUTHENTICATION
The main purpose behind the Aadhaar authentication is to check on the wrongdoing happening under the Goods and Services Tax.
The Central Board of Indirect Taxes and Customs (CBIC) has notified that now the GST registration certificate can be availed in three working days if a person opts for GST registration through Aadhaar Authentication process.
As per the CBIC notification, from 21st August 2020, any entity can apply for registration under Goods and Service Tax by just providing the aadhaar number and the department will approve the registration application within 3 working days, if prescribed steps have been followed by the entity.
Who are eligible for aadhaar authentication process?
The following can opt for GST registration through aadhaar authentication:
- Authorized signatory of all types;
- Managing and Authorised partner; and
- Karta of a Hindu undivided family.
Who cannot apply for GST registration through aadhaar authentication?
The following cannot apply for GST registration through aadhaar authentication:
- who is not a citizen of India.
- Non-citizens or Non-residents even if they are authorized signatories
Steps to apply for GST registration through aadhaar authentication
The person who wants to avail the GST registration through aadhaar number validation has to follow the given steps
- Visit the official website of GST i.e www.gst.gov.in
- Then click on the ‘Service’ option given on the homepage.
- After that select the ‘Registration’ option and then click on the option ‘New registration’
- Thereafter the applicant has to opt for Aadhar authentication by selecting yes or no option.
- After selecting the aadhaar authentication, the applicant will get an authentication link on the registered mobile number and e-mail ID
- After clicking on that link, the applicant will be required to provide an Aadhar number and then they are required to click on the Validate option
- An OTP will be received by the applicant after verification, which they have to enter in the given box.
- Finally, the applicant will receive a message of successful e-KYC authentication.
a. If the application for registration has neither been accepted, nor a rejection notice has been issued, after the specified period, then in this case the registration application shall be deemed to be approved.
b. According to the notification, in case of businesses do not opt for Aadhaar authentication process, then GST registration would be granted only after the physical verification of the place of business.
This step of the Government provides the applicant with a hassle-free process for GST registration. It is more effective and a burden less process.
Edited by Minu Mishra
Want to get your business journey featured on CLIQTAX ? Send an email to us at email@example.com