CHAMPIONS- A TECHNOLOGY PLATFORM TO STRENGTHEN MSME
CHAMPIONS stands for Creation and Harmonious Application of Modern Processes for Increasing the Output and National Strength.
Hon’ble Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Monday 01st June, 2020, launched a technology platform called 'CHAMPIONS'. This technology is launched to help the Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs). The objective of this platform is “Our Small Hands to Make you LARGE”.
This portal focus at building the smaller units big by resolving their grievances, encouraging, supporting, helping and handholding. CHAMPION is a real one-stop-shop solution of MSME Ministry.
This Information and communications technology (ICT) based system is formed in order to help the MSMEs who are facing various difficulties in the current scenario and also to ensure that adequate support should be provided to them so that they become national and international champions.
Main objectives of CHAMPIONS:
The government is ensuring every possible way to help the MSME sector who are facing huge blow given at the current scenario. The government not only providing financial packages to the sector but also helping them by providing various new high technology-based systems so that they can work without facing any hurdles.
In the same line, Government had recently launched a technology-based platform to help the MSME’s. The main objective of this portal is as follows
- To resolve the grievances of MSME: This portal will help the MSME’s to work more smoothly and efficiently in the present situation by solving their grievances that are related to finance, raw materials, labor, permissions of regulatory body etc.
- To help them by providing new opportunities: This system will help the Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises by providing them new opportunities which includes-
- Manufacture of medical equipment’s and
- Manufacture of Personal Protective Equipment’s such as coverall body gown, face masks, face shields, shoe covers etc.
- To help them supply the above-mentioned products in National and International markets;
- To identify and encourage the outstanding potentials: The MSMEs who have sparks to flourish and have the caliber to excel in the current situation and can become national and international champions.
This is a technology packed control room-cum-management information system. Besides the ICT tools such as internet, video conferencing, telephone; this system is further equipped with AI artificial intelligence, machine learning and data analytics.
This is fully in real time basis integration to the government’s main portal for grievance redressal mechanism i.e. CPGRAMS (Centralized Public Grievance Redress and Monitoring System) and ministry of MSME’s own web systems also.
The whole ICT and physical infrastructure of this system has been created in-house at no cost. This has been done with help of NIC in record time. Similarly, the infrastructure has been done in the dumping room of the ministry.
The whole system has been created in a Hub & Spoke Model. The Hub of the system is situated in the office of the Secretary, MSME, New Delhi; whereas the spokes are situated in the various states offices of the concerned ministry.
Sixty-Six (66) state level control rooms have been created and are functional as of now. In addition to the portals of CHAMPIONS, all the control rooms are connected through video conference system also.
A detailed SOP (standard operation protocol) has been issued to the concerned officers. Deployment of trained staffs is also being ensured for this robust system.
To sum up, we hope that the proper use of the high-end technologies which are incorporated into the systems of CHAMPIONS yields a desired result which will further strengthen the already stressed MSME sectors.